header-photo
Finally got time to write the feeling of the two weeks trip back home for the long missed Chinese New Year.

Honestly, I was holding a rather skeptical view toward heading back home due to the previous conflict we had, in fact I wasn't even that much excited when I was packing. But thankfully, I proved to be wrong later, it was definitely the best trip back home I had.


Conversation with mum was the particular interesting one, you can never ask for a better mum like her. The conversation with her in that two weeks was beyond any summer that I spent with her.


Things have changed, so as the topic we talked about. She now tells me I have to prepare some money for the future wedding to come. And even my bro already talks about how he 's gonna help take care of my kid in the future. Same things goes to friends, we start to talk about business and how this and that might be profitable in long term.


Its so obvious that we all are aging and growing. Judging from the sleepiness we get when the clock ticked 12 somehow tells me that its not the same anymore. 20 is a gap, once you cross over things just change whether you like it or not.

There's a funny incident happened between me and my two bros. There was this one day where we three went out separately at night for friends gathering. By the time I got back I saw my much older *erhem* whom I know rather don't like me to expose his age here already slept in the room. So I thought, wow, so no life then I went to sleep.

The next morning breakfast time my younger bro said to my mum while pointed to us: "These two already sleep like pig when I got home yesterday, so boring".

Well, you just cant compare youngness can you? Anyway, its all these little anecdotes of life that make our life memorable, and I am truly glad that I have them as my family members.


I used be the one who let rational won over in decision making. But this time is different, ticket buying process was so hasty with impulse + emotions. How I wish it was an one way ticket, the flight back home was really a torture with 10+ babies crying interchangeably throughout the plane ride.

Some had asked me would you fly 7942 miles for a kiss. I think I had the answer for it now and I never regretted it.

A fabulous home cooked-dinner sum up the last day for my trip back home.

What happened next haunted me. I left all my worries back in Vancouver and departed.
By the time I got back here I can hardly spell out the name of this once and not over to say, always familiar place. That two weeks got me fully detached from the reality that I had the luxury to escape from.

Sitting inside the train heading to the place I live I felt so alone, and its funny that the feeling doesn't strike during the painful 20 hours flight but only came after I touched down. Pain I say, but good pain.

Maybe the prolonged jetlag afterward is a sign for me to tell me that I still am not ready to take this all by myself. Few more months, I told myself.

Here I thank everyone who made this trip wonderful. Without you guys the trip would be just another dead boring car, train, flight ride. Thank you.

3 shell(s):

luvprada said...

It is not a boring life. Being accustomed to the +1100 GMT time zone plus knowing there is better things to do in the next morning ( dainty fish head breakfast i mean here). I would rather rest earlier.

Unknown said...

中国人哦,我是翻墙出来看世界顺便读博客学英语的,还是羡慕你啊,我等苦逼大学生太蛋疼了。
既然是学英语,例行来一段,水平太低不要见笑。


Hello,I'm a Chinese college student,I cracked the firewall and come here to learn English by read blogs.
Now I'm drinking tea as the same time I'm reading your article.digou oil is so eggache,now I'll go to school canteen eat it.tian chao ken die a!
Wish you a happy life,goodbye.
(There may be grammar mistakes,if you points out them I will be grateful to you,my Blog is www.yekezhong.com,welcome to visit:)

Anonymous said...

Wow I love your blog, it is really nice